There is no question that nutrition is important for health. A healthy diet is essential for your wellbeing. As scientists learn more about diet and the body, it’s increasingly clear that what you eat can significantly affect the health and aging of a very important organ, your skin.
Healthy glowing skin reflects how healthy you are on the inside and starts with nourishment from within. So what do you need to eat to get glowing skin ? Here are some top foods:
- Fatty fish, such as Salmon, Mackerel, and Herring, are excellent foods for healthy skin. They’re rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids which are important for helping keep skin thick, supple, and moisturized. In fact, an omega-3 fatty acid deficiency can cause dry skin.
- Avocados are a real powerhouse, they not only contain protein, lecithin, and vitamins A, D, and E but are also high in healthy fats which help moisturise and protect your skin from damaging UV rays.
- Walnuts have many characteristics that make them an excellent food for healthy skin. They are richer than most other nuts in both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Getting enough of these fats is essential to help keep skin flexible and moisturised.
- Berries are rich in Vitamin C which is essential for collagen synthesis and also in in alpha-hydroxyl acid which helps get rid of dead skin cells.
- Carrots are rich in beta carotene, a potent antioxidant and also contain Vitamin A and Vitamin C.
- Kale is loaded with vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin K which help repair skin tissues, prevent free radical damage and give you a radiant and fresh look.
The best thing of all is that these foods for glowing skin will make you feel beautiful like never before and are also delicious. Look out for the recipes from our in-house Super-foods expert Isabella to get a boost from within!